- Slack Community request – https://www.evernote.com/l/AQVUghKKO_ZBdou5dWNYmemKxHWA7Dcf5e8
- Slack Community User Interview – https://www.evernote.com/l/AQVN85pl8wFDhapM3FIDkaTnQnSwJ6yADpM
- UserVoice request – https://buffer.uservoice.com/forums/257855-feedback-and-ideas/suggestions/6721727-integrate-with-slack-chat-post-to-buffer-account
- UserVoice Interview – https://www.evernote.com/l/AQXvs9MOqJxLq7iDPBh7TCWZ7VlB25odqKA
- How did you come up the idea / request to want to Buffer a link in the Slack command line?
- How often do you share links with your team or community in Slack?
- What are your current methods to Buffer links you found in Slack?
- How many social media accounts do you have connected to Buffer?
Assumptions to Validate
- The number of Buffer users that also use Slack
- How many Slack links are not buffered
- Who are the targeted user?
- How accessible is it to use via Slack mobile
- Slack Autocomplete Command
- Description: Send CHANNEL | URL | TEXT to Buffer
- Hint: [twitter | facebook | all] [URL] [your message]
- Authenticate Slack application
- Each user need to authenticate their Buffer account
- Buffer account ID match up to Slack account ID
- Return success and error message to User
- User can select which Buffer social media accounts to buffer to
- User receive error message on cap post limit
- User can send text only without URL
- Detect if URL placeholder is not URL format, route following string as Text
- Case insensitive on channel command
- “twitter” vs. “Twitter” vs. “TWITTER”
- Reduce timeout sequences
- Update server capacities
- Send error message if text is not URL format
- User can type /buffer help to find command list
- User can put in a schedule on the Slack command line to buffer to
- Parse variation of time stamps
- Links are parsed to identify image and media as well as the meta description
- User can share to multiple accounts rather than “All”
- Require refactor code to split command line message
- User can share image
- User can use option “Share Now”
- Buffer posts are tagged with “via Slack”
- Team Admin can view log of links Buffer-ed
- Replace Slack bot icon with Buffer icon