- Emails are lost in the Inbox, because our inboxes are cluttered with important and non-important emails
- Much of the content still lives in Emails today, however are not shared
- When emails are “shared”, users are bombarded with too frequent CC’s
- Search currently aren’t optimized enough to quickly find relevant content
- Hashtagging organize emails regardless of subject title
- Discussions and FYI emails can be followed by invite reducing CC emails
- Emails are categorized by hashtag topics for meaningful discovery
SHORT FORM SCENARIOS:
Problems Being Solved:
- Personal: Help organize your important emails and group conversation threads regardless of subject header. e.g. #taxes #feedback #mentor #mom #sister #anniversary_2014 #student_loan #mortgage
- Team Projects: Much of the content lives in the emails. Hashtagging relevant and milestone project emails into a central team access hub. This enable project progression tracking as oppose to creating a separate project log or copy and paste to a Wiki. e.g. Similar to Sharepoint for Emails.
- Work: Replaces overwhelming, unnecessary or less-critical CC’ed emails. Instead, invite users onto a Hashtag thread for them to read at their own time. e.g. Similar to Google Docs.
- Search: Existing Search features are inadequate, jumbles up core and non-core contents. Really requires the user to remember the content/context of the email before search can begin.
- Sharepoint: Mostly use as storing files. Lacks files context and project description.
- Personal Archiving: Targeting managers and team lead, and those professionals who have multiple conversation theme and topics. e.g. #taxes #feedback #MicrosoftConference #references #intros #mentee #project_A #VC_deck
- Team Collaboration and Email Transparency: Spread usage to teams about project updates, and invite others to view. e.g. Finance team can also view #storage strategies emails
- New user would rarely begin with a zero content view.
- Much like Sharepoint, controls will be given to creator (or starter) of the hashtag for View CC or View All access. Control can be passed along to administrator.
- View CC – only allow users to view emails they are part of
- View All – allow users to view all emails under the hashtag
- Discussions at Hackernews – https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6948659
- Ongoing Research and Notes – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RQtgYl44iBnr_p4toc4G7_N0DG9bZ35JKHTLBNqtG0c/edit